Sparks from a chimney alerted a camp owner on Lulu Lake last night. Fortunately, quick work from the PUFF firefighters helped save cottages, and possibly lives.
As they cleaned up today, fire chief Barry 'Bub' Bennett said they got the call around 8 p.m. Thursday, and they were out of the hall within six minutes.
"Yeah, very quick response," he said. "It could've been a lot worse. There were big spruce trees and pine trees in close."
Both occupants got out safe, without any injuries. If the cottage had been fully involved, neighbouring structures could've been lost, Bennett noted.
"Another good save," he said, thanking his volunteers.