Police are looking into the passing of a First Nations man.
The deceased was found earlier today in the water at the Main Street dock. The man's name has not yet been released.
The cause of death has not yet been determined. Anybody with information is asked to contact police or crime stoppers.
Officers made the discovery at about 12:40 p.m., and he was described as:
- Indigenous male,
- possibly in his 40's,
- approximately 5'10"-6' tall,
- short brown hair with grey in it,
- slender build,
- with light facial hair-goatee style
- he had a small mole in the middle of his forehead
- he was wearing a black Sierra Designs windbreaker style jacket,
- dark blue wind pants
- low cut beige hiker style shoes.
If you have information contact:
Kenora OPP - (807) 548-5534
OPP toll-free (888) 310-1122 24 hrs.
Crime Stoppers (800) 222-8477 or text 'TIP262'