More information is coming to light about the fatal plane crash near Sioux Lookout on April 29 which took the lives of four men – one of them being the second most wanted man in Canada.

Now, officials in British Columbia have confirmed there was a second wanted man among the victims.

The Sioux Lookout OPP reported the private plane’s wreckage was located between Ignace and Sioux Lookout in the Kukukus Lake area at approximately 7:45 a.m. on April 30.

Police later confirmed the deaths of 26-year-old pilot Abhinav Handa of Richmond, BC, 37-year-old Duncan Bailey of Kamloops, BC and 36-year-old Gene Karl Lahrkamp of Kincardine, Ontario earlier this week.

Lahrkamp was listed as the #2 most wanted person on Canada’s Be On The Lookout List, and a $100,000 reward for his arrest had been issued four days prior to the crash. He was wanted in connection with a shooting death in Phuket, Thailand in early February.

Now, British Columbia’s Prosecution Service and the Ministry of the Attorney General have confirmed that a warrant had also been issued for Duncan Bailey’s arrest in BC.

He was charged with attempting to commit murder and conspiracy to commit murder in November of 2021, after he and two others allegedly plotted to kill Mir Aali Hussain, who was shot while leaving an establishment in Vancouver with his wife and child in October, 2020.

Hussain survived but was killed in a separate incident on May 22, 2021. The other two conspirators, Liban Hassan and Ahmed Ismail, both plead guilty to attempted murder charges on March 9, 2022.

Bailey had last appeared in courts on April 4, 2022. The BC Prosecution Service had issued a warrant for his arrest for failing to comply with bail conditions on April 26, three days before the fatal crash.

The fourth victim of this weekend’s fatal plane crash was later identified as 27-year-old Hankun Hong of Richmond, British Columbia. The connection between the four men is currently unconfirmed.

An investigation into the cause of the crash is continuing under the OPP and Transportation Safety Board of Canada. The TSB says the aircraft left Dryden after 9 p.m. on April 29 and was headed for Marathon, Ontario.

Police thanked Joint Rescue Coordination Centre – Trenton, Civil Air Search and Rescue Association staff, the Nishnawbe Aski Police Service and members of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry for their assistance in the search, which began late April 29.